The Commons Lab will publish a three part blog series in celebration of the White House Event on Open Science and Open Innovation. Each article will highlight a different initiative announced during this forum. The first article in this series is an announcement of Citizen Science Day reposted from the Citizen Science Association.
The Citizen Science Association launched their new website today. Congratulations to all who worked on the white house forum, and also the CSA.
Citizen Science Day announced
- Zoos hosting a series of guest speakers addressing wildlife-related project research;
- Parks conducting a bioblitz;
- Festivals engaging visitors in citizen science and crowdsourcing activities;
- Libraries displaying SciStarter on a kiosk to connect people with projects;
- Science centers hosting a forum to discuss the implications of a project’s findings.
Already interested in hosting an event? Add your activities to SciStarter’s online calendar.
We are pleased to partner with the following organizations in planning and promoting Citizen Science Day celebrations:
Federal Community of Practice for Citizen Science and Crowdsourcing
American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC)
Association of Zoos & Aquariums (AZA)
Center for the Advancement of Informal Science Education (CAISE)